“This rich, creamy soup will knock you off your feet! Great as part of a large meal, but meaty enough to use as a full meal.” — Randy Brown
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 3 cups half-and-half cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in the flour until smooth, and cook and stir the mixture until it turns a pale golden color, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, then mix in the half-and-half, salt, crawfish tails, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue whisking as soup comes to a simmer. Allow the bisque to simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Do not boil.